Confused with CB login module

2 weeks 2 days ago #338014 by scubabyss
Confused with CB login module was created by scubabyss
Hi everyone
I have issues with CB login module. 
I have de-activated cache on my Joomla 5 site and I still have CB Login Module "The session has expired or cookies are not enabled by your browser. Please click "Refresh" and make sure you have enabled cookies in your browser." I have checkedSafari that cookies are not blocked.

Behavior is very strange, I have to login twice to get login to work.
Ounce the second login is done, there is no error message.
I logout and try to login, the same problem occurs I have the message "The session has expired...", make a second login and it works.

Of course I switch back to Joomla Login module and I notice that the frontend page still show CB login module even if I refresh the page. I have "page" in the cache at backend. I clear the cache and then refresh frontend : Joomla login module is there.

This is not critical as I don't have issues with Joomla Login module, I just miss the avatar picture and the choice to use email in lieu of username.

What should be done to get rid of the "minor" issue?

Thanks a lot
Lionel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 2 days ago #338017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Confused with CB login module
Joomla's page cache plugin is usually the culprit. Ensure it's unpublished or you've excluded any page with a form on it as it'll cache the CSRF tokens. If disabled check if you've some other 3rd party caching extension installed. Logging in twice to get it to work is a pretty solid sign it's caching as the cache buffer got cleared for the second attempt.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scubabyss

2 weeks 2 days ago #338020 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Confused with CB login module
I unpublished the system-cache plugin of Joomla. It is working well.
I made this response for those, like me, did not read carefully previous posts on similar subjects.

Clearing cache is not enough, enabling cookies as well, we have to unpublished Joomla system cache plugin or to exclude in the plugin parameter login and logout menues of CB menu.
Many thanks to krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn