CB Activity update failed!

2 weeks 3 days ago #337998 by mibert
CB Activity update failed! was created by mibert
Hi there,

I am using CB 2.9.1 on a Joomla 4.4.4 website.
I wanted to update the CB Activity plugin from version 5.0.0+build.2020.12.04.19.12.34.5cdee3a2a to the latest 6.1.1+build.2024.04.16.14.55.52.e3e34d1eb

After file upload I getting an error message as below:
System Information
Joomla: 4.4.4
Community Builder: 2.9.1
PHP: 8.2.18
Database: mysql 8.0.32

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_6.1.1+build.2024.04.16.14.55.52.e3e34d1eb.zip
Log:
CB Activity Migration (strict_hidden) Failed! Please Re-Install to Retry. Error: Column 'asset' cannot be null

Could you let me know, how to fix this issue.
The installation of the Joomla module and plugin went fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 weeks 3 days ago #338002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity update failed!
Update to 5.0.1+2023.02.13 first then retry. Seams your database isn't up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 2 days ago #338007 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic CB Activity update failed!
Hi Krileon,

thanks for the advise.
Actually 5.0.1 installed no problem.
But when I tried with 6.1.1. after, I get following Error:

System Information

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_6.1.1+build.2024.04.16.14.55.52.e3e34d1eb.zip
Log:
CB Activity Migration (oprhaned_activity) Failed! Please Re-Install to Retry. This looks like a database collation problem. CB Activity requires a unicode database collation with utf8mb4 encoding. Please run CB > Tools > Check Community Builder Database to attempt to correct your database collation. Alternatively use phpMyAdmin or similar to correct collations under the Operations tab. The recommended collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'

The recommendation to check community builder database, did not show any error, but the check on the plugin database gave an error:
CB Plugin "CB Activity": CB Activity has no readable xml file /home/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/cbactivity.xml 

The trial to install 5.0.1. afterwards resulted in:
System Information

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_5.0.1+2023.02.13.zip
Log:
BLOB/TEXT column 'tag' used in key specification without a key length

Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards

Michael

2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #338008 by krileon
Your database collation is incorrect from that of a default Joomla install. CBs attempts at auto fixing it failed. The only option at this point is to fix it yourself. Using something like phpmyadmin navigate to your database then under the Operations tab set the following.

Table options
Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Change all column collations: CHECKED

This correct all your collations across your entire table. Please make a backup before doing this. I will review adding additional auto fixing as well to see if I can catch your specific error.

Do not attempt to downgrade. We don't support downgrading and you will cause problems in your database that upgrading may not be able to fix.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 weeks 2 days ago #338009 by krileon
Ok, have released a new CB Activity build release that will try to fix your collation error. Please try updating to latest build release and let me know if you still have errors migrating. If still erroring your best option will likely be to manually fix it as instructed above.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 weeks 2 days ago #338010 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic CB Activity update failed!
Hi Krileon,

still failing unfortunately:
System Information

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_6.1.1+build.2024.05.01.14.15.29.11ee8efec.zip
Log:
CB Activity Migration (oprhaned_activity) Failed! Please Re-Install to Retry. This looks like a database collation problem. CB Activity requires a unicode database collation with utf8mb4 encoding. Please run CB > Tools > Check Community Builder Database to attempt to correct your database collation. Alternatively use phpMyAdmin or similar to correct collations under the Operations tab. The recommended collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'

I will try to fix the collation issue im my phpmyadmin. Which tables are the relevant ones?

Best regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn