Community Builder and Custom Login Form

5 months 2 weeks ago #336128 by RobWilkinson
Community Builder and Custom Login Form was created by RobWilkinson
I have a custom login form (generated by Nicepage.
i set a menu item with a login form to the template/form
I get a page which says :
Error: CB Login module not created (required)."

If I disable "Community Builder System plugin" it produces the custom login page.
I am thinking there is a configuration parameter that I am missing rather than disabling that module

Regards,
Rob
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336131 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder and Custom Login Form
Do not use custom logins. They will bypass all of CBs login checks. So if you're using email confirmation, approval, etc.. in CB those checks will be skipped. If you insist on doing this you'll need to turn off CBs URL rewrite and redirect protections in CBs Joomla system plugin, but you'll need to be sure you've completely turned off Joomla's registration page and profile pages otherwise you'll end up with backdoor accesses bypassing CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #336137 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic Community Builder and Custom Login Form
Well that was rather unexpected. So are you saying that using CB with Joomla's custom login forms do not play well together and are to be avoided?

5 months 2 weeks ago #336145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder and Custom Login Form
Correct, you need to use CBs login module or you will bypass CB during the login process. This will change in CB 3.x where we'll just hook into Joomla's (might implement this before 3.x) login events and finally deprecate our login module. However if you are not using email confirmation or moderator approval then it is possible to use other login modules, but you'll need to lock down the rest of your install as explained in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn