Bug with getCBprofileItemid

10 months 2 weeks ago #334347 by ecweb
Bug with getCBprofileItemid was created by ecweb
Hi,
Community Builder version 2.8.0+build.2023.03.17.19.11.55.64386eb8d

i have a number of Community Builder lists.
I have one with an id of 4, that has no menu associated with it
I have another with an id of 46, that has a menu associated with it with itemid=540

When community builder displays the list of lists on the frontend, trying to go to list with id=4 gives me list 46 instead.

This query in getCBprofileItemid in LegacyFoundationFunctions.php seems to be the problem:

$query                                        =    'SELECT ' . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'id' )
                                                                .    "\n FROM " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( '#__menu' )
                                                                .    "\n WHERE ( " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'link' ) . " LIKE " . $_CB_database->Quote( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=' . $_CB_database->getEscaped( $view, true ) . $additional . '%', false )
                                                                .    ' OR ' . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'link' ) . ' LIKE ' . $_CB_database->Quote( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=' . $_CB_database->getEscaped( $view, true ) . $additional . '%', false ) . ' )'
                                                                .    $queryAccess;getCBprofileItemid view=userslist additional=&listid=4
The like clause means looking for listid=4 returns 46 instead!
I've fixed this by changing all the ids of my lists in the database to ensure no clashes!

Thanks
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bug with getCBprofileItemid
Create a menu item for each user list. Then ensure you've a public menu item to CBs profile page (this is mandatory and acts as a fallback). Joomla doesn't much care for URLs missing an associated menu item so it can cause lookup issues like this. The wildcard query is just a fallback if there is no associated Joomla menu item we have to basically guess where you're trying to go.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecweb

10 months 2 weeks ago #334369 by ecweb
Replied by ecweb on topic Bug with getCBprofileItemid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn